Martial Arts Board Breaking Holder
Return to woodshop product list
(Yes, we specialize in kneelers, altars and related items, but also like to do other things from time to time.)
After many years in various martial arts we have designed and built a board holder that is easy and safer to use than any other holder we've seen.
- Is it strong? It can support a car (see the picture), and we've never had one break in normal use. It is made from solid hardwoods -- not plywood or fiber boards -- and all joints are held together with the strongest possible epoxy and hardware.
- Safety: All edges are rounded to prevent injury. Top and bottom slides help keep the boards from "squirting" out of the holder on bad hits. It can be wall mounted, but is easy to hold because the handles place the assistants farther from the impact area. Unlike other, amateur-made board holders, this has no exposed bolts or other hardware that can cause serious injury.
- Plans are available for $25 if you would like to make your own. The plans are provided electronically as a PDF file.
- Cost: This costs a little more because it is professionally made from solid hardwoods and is designed to last a life-time.
- Designed to fit a 12 inch board. If you need a different size -- some schools use an 11 1/4 board -- send us a note with your order and we'll adjust it.
Note: All martial arts activities involve risk. The fact that this board holder is safer than most does not guarantee that no accident will occur, and the purchaser assumes all risk of injury.
Please select from the following options to complete your Martial Arts Board Breaking Holder. All figures are estimates based on our latest materials, labor and freight expenses. It is unusual for us to have to change any costs except in the case of special shipping or design needs.