Double/Wedding Prayer Bench -- KIT
Return to woodshop product list
Our woodworking kits include top quality lumber -- better than can be picked from most retail stores -- cut to finish dimensions, hardware and plans, and assume average woodworking skill and tooling. This is nothing like the simplistic furniture kits available at many variety stores that require little more than a bottle of Elmer's glue and a hex wrench to complete. Though all boards will arrive pre-drilled and routed, you will need to be able to perform sanding, clamping, gluing and staining to complete the project (but the finished result may be very nice). By ordering a kit, you save on steps like assembly, finish sanding and staining, and shipping is sometimes less. We will also provide you a link so that you can download our most recent design and assembly plans at no additional charge.
|(Double kneeler with custom bombay stain over solid cherry,|
matching votive candle holder and custom engraving on top.)
Our double/wedding kneeler is based upon our standard design and has several nice features:
- Folding legs lock the prayer kneeler in position while praying, making it virtually impossible to tip forward accidentally
- Legs fold up for easy storage or transport
- No glue joints to 'come unglued' -- all solid hardwood, screw and bolt construction to last a lifetime or more
- Our hidden, pocket-screw technology is much stronger than end-screw assembly and hides the hardware from view (only two wood plugs are visible... if you look REALLY hard)
- Beautiful dovetail joint finishing on top and base is available as a special request
- Generous knee padding made from heavy duty, easy-to-clean material -- can be easily reupholstered if the kneepad ever wears out
- Wider than most other double kneelers, making it more comfortable and stable (50") -- we can make it to any width you desire, but shipping can be expensive.
- Humble but solid design lines for an attractive appearance that fits into most home and chapel environments
- Ergonomically designed for comfort -- maybe too much so!
- Total weight is about 50 pounds in oak
- Includes a shelf for a Bible, prayer book, rosary or similar items
- Usually delivered complete in about two-to-four weeks
- No assembly required upon delivery beyond just unfolding the knee pad section and inserting two included bolts to lock it in place.
Design Options (for kits)
Please select from the following options to complete your Double/Wedding Prayer Bench. All figures are estimates based on our latest materials, labor and freight expenses. It is unusual for us to have to change any costs except in the case of special shipping or design needs.